Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Why being an atheist is not the same as being a devil worshipper, and making eye contact with me will not send you straight to hell.

With Easter now over I feel the need to write a post about religion. As we all know, Easter is the celebration of the day where rabbits can magically poop chocolate eggs and Zombie Jesus crawls out of his grave and eats them. At least that is what I have been led to believe.

This is a perfectly fine thing to believe if that floats your boat. I don’t mind what people believe in (well… except Scientologists… I mean, REALLY PEOPLE? Really??)

Personally I am an atheist. Recently it has come to my attention that some people are confused by the definition of the term atheist.

While I can understand how one would come to this conclusion*, I do not worship Satan.

In actuality, the very fact that I do not recognise a God also means that I do not recognise a devil or ‘Satan’ as you like to call him. This also means that you do not have to pray for me, attempt to ‘save' me or describe to me what I will miss out on in Heaven. I also don’t believe in that.

So to clarify, I do NOT believe in the following:

God (or any variation)
Satan (or any variation)
Heaven
Hell
Reincarnation

Despite this, making eye contact with me or any other athiests will not send you straight to hell

I believe that once you die you get buried in the ground and eaten by bugs, but I’m an optimist when it comes to things like that.

*Statement may be false. I do not actually understand the stupidity of 99.9% of the human race.

No comments:

Post a Comment